- Franziska Mueller, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2020 - thesis: Real-time 3D Hand Reconstruction in Challenging Scenes from a Single Color or Depth Camera), now at Google.
- Dushyant Mehta, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2020 - thesis: Real-time 3D Human Body Pose Estimation from Monocular RGB Input), now at Qualcomm.
- Abhimitra Meka, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2020 - thesis: Live Inverse Rendering), now at Google.
- Hyeongwoo Kim, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2019 - thesis: Learning-based Face Reconstruction and Editing), now at Google
- Nadia Robertini, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2019 - thesis: Model-based Human Performance Capture in Outdoor Scenes), now at Image Technologies Gmbh.
- Pablo Garrido, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2017 - thesis: High-quality face capture, animation and editing from monocular video), postdioc at Technicolor, now Researcher at EPIC Research.
- Srinath Sridhar, Co-supervised with Antti Oulasvirta, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2016 - thesis: Tracking Hands in Action for Gesture-based Computer Input), postdoc at Stanford University, starting as Assistant Professor at Brown University (Fall 2020).
- Helge Rhodin, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2016 - thesis: From motion capture to interactive virtual worlds), postdoc at EPFL, now assistant professor at the Univ. of British Columbia
- Ahmed Elhayek, PhD in GVV group (graduated 2015 - thesis: Marker-less motion capture in general scenes with sparse multi-camera setups), postdoc at DFKI, now asst. professor at University of Prince Mugrin, Saudia Arabia
- Chenglei Wu, PhD student GVV group (graduated 2014 - thesis: Inverse Rendering for Scene Reconstruction in General Environments), postoc at ETH Zurich , now researcher at Facebook Reality Labs Pittsburgh
- Miguel Granados, PhD student in GVV group (graduated 2013 - thesis: Advanced Editing Methods for Image and Video Sequences), postdoc in GVV group 2014, now at Magicleap
- Thomas Helten, PhD student in GVV group (co-advised with Meinard Mueller, graduated 2013 - thesis: Processing and Tracking Human Motions Using Optical, Inertial, and Depth Sensors), now at Pixargus / GoalControl
- Mohammed Shaheen (co-advised with Robert Strzodka, graduated 2013 - thesis: Cache based Optimization of Stencil Computations An Algorithmic Approach), now at IBM
- Andreas Baak (co-advised wth Meinard Mueller, graduated 2012 - thesis: Retrieval-based Approaches for Tracking and Reconstructing Human Motions), now at BMW
- Gernot Ziegler (MPII) - PhD at MPII (graduated 2010 - thesis: GPU Data Structures for Graphics and Vision), now at Nvidia
- Carsten Stoll, PhD at MPII (graduated 2009 - thesis: Template Based Shape Processing,), formerly senior researcher in MPC-VCC, researcher at Weta Digital, co-founder of theCaptury, now at Oculus Research
- Naveed Ahmed (MPII) - PhD at MPII (graduated 2009 - thesis: High-quality Dynamic Reflectance and Surface Reconstruction from Video), now professor at University of Sharjah, UAE
- Edilson de Aguiar (MPII) - PhD at MPII (graduated 2008 - thesis: Animation and Performance Capture Using Digitized Models), formerly Disney Research Pittsburgh / Carnegie Mellon University - Assistant Professor, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil